1. Starter refusal at ignition key turn can be into position caused following reasons:
a) the accumulator Is faulty.
b) electroconducting Rupture between the switch, the traction relay, the accumulator or a starter.
The traction relay Is faulty.
d) Mechanical or electric malfunction of a starter.
2. To check up the accumulator, include headlights. If they grow dull after several seconds your accumulator is discharged. Charge it (address to Section short circuit Search) or replace. If headlights burn brightly, observe them, having included ignition. If they grow dull at the included ignition, electroconducting means is serviceable, and the starter cause of a failure is covered in him. If headlights do not grow dull at the included ignition (and from the traction relay of a starter it is not distributed clicking sounds) there is a damage to a chain or to the traction relay (see further). If the accumulator is serviceable and charged, but the starter rotates slowly, it specifies in malfunction of a starter or on considerable resistance in a chain.
3. If damage to a chain is supposed, disconnect conducting from the accumulator (including weight), starter electroconducting / the traction relay and weight of the engine/transmission. Carefully smooth out contacts and restore connections, then by means of the voltmeter or a control lamp be convinced that on the positive plug of the traction relay there is a pressure of the accumulator and a weight cable is reliably fixed. Grease with vaseline of the plug of the accumulator to prevent corrosion. Corrosion of connections is the most frequent reason of damages of system of an electric equipment.
4. If the accumulator and all connections are serviceable, check up a chain, separating a wire from a clip of the traction relay. Connect the voltmeter or a control lamp between the end of the disconnected wire and the earth (for example the negative plug of the accumulator) and check up, whether there is in a wire a pressure of the accumulator at key turn in the ignition lock in start position. If yes, the chain is serviceable, if is not present - check up electroconducting as the Onboard electric equipment is described in the Head.
5. Contacts of the traction relay can be checked up by connection of the voltmeter or a control lamp between the positive plug of the accumulator on the traction relay and the earth. At key turn in the ignition lock in start position, should appear or an inscription, or подcandlesивание, depending on model. If an inscription or подcandlesивание do not appear, the traction relay is faulty and should be replaced.
6. If a chain and the traction relay the starter is serviceable, damaged. In this case it is possible to show a starter to the expert, but at first be convinced that cost of repair will not exceed cost of a new starter.